Meet some of the staff. People are what makes a business a success and we are pleased to employ some of the finest people in the industry. All our staff are committed to making your experience of working with us as beneficial as possible. Click on the tabs below to read a little more about who people are and what they do.
To view the CVs of the Cope Safety Management team, please click here.
Scott Butters MSc CMIOSH FRSPH Dip2.OSH
Managing DirectorHi I’m Scott, I have been with Cope Safety Management since 1999, and became a Director in 2006. I am a Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health and a Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health, so it is no surprise my interest is in finding ways to prevent or control how your work affects your safety, health and well-being. I spend much of my time helping to run and market our business, but also ensure I am on hand to provide advice, guidance and support to our team as well as our clients. I began my career as an Environmental Health Technician in the RAF, where I also met my partner.
- For a hobby I enjoy walking and taking photographs of aircraft, landscapes or my kids. It is much easier to photograph the first two, the kids are never still for long enough.
- My favourite car is my 1969 Triumph GT6 Mk1. She still has her looks and I cannot help but smile when revving that straight 6.
- My favourite animal is our cat, Pheobe. She has each of us in the house perfectly trained to suit her needs.
- My favourite holiday destination is Cyprus for its gorgeous weather, sun kissed beaches, interesting history, friendly people, sheftalia and KEO. What more do you need?
- My most embarrassing moment was waking up and remembering I had chosen our wedding reception to perform the Full Monty. Thankfully, for all concerned, this was long before smartphones.
- When I was at school I wanted to be a fast jet pilot (I still do!). Sadly, it was never meant to be. Health and safety was the next best thing.
DirectorHi, I’m Emma, I joined Cope Safety Management in 2011 as an Administrator. I was given the opportunity to move to the accounts team and became a Director in 2014. I enjoy most watersports, I have grown up with jet skis and wakeboarding, my husband has now started to have a particular interest in surfboarding, so all my holidays are booked around this. I have a lovely little girl who keeps me on my toes, especially in the morning when I am trying to get to work, I am often the laugh of the office when I discover her breakfast on my shoulder or toothpaste on the bottom of my skirt!
- My favourite animal is an elephant, but according to my partner these do not make good pets, so I have settled for a cat.
- My favourite holiday destination is Cornwall, we go every year. I would love to go the Caribbean, but it will be a long time before I want to take my daughter on a long flight.
- My favourite car is our VW T5. My partner converted it into a camper so we enjoy just going away for the weekend or taking it on amazing adventures to places like Lake Garda, Italy.
Richard Andison BSc(Hons) LFOH
Health and Safety Advisor/TrainerHi I’m Richard, I joined Cope Safety Management in 2014 having spent 24 years in the RAF as an Environmental Health Technician. I travelled the world, providing advice on subjects ranging from pest control to Occupational Health, and all subjects in between. I have over the years specialised in Occupational Hygiene most notably the monitoring of dusts, chemicals, noise and inspecting/testing local exhaust ventilation. I have an Environmental Health Degree and am fully qualified as an Occupational Hygienist. I spent two years working with a Local Authority as an Enforcement Officer, something I enjoyed!
- For a hobby I enjoy getting frustrated on a golf course or shouting at 11 players in red and white football strips (Sunderland AFC) getting frustrated.
- When I was at school I wanted to be a fighter pilot, sadly I’m as blind as a bat.
- My favourite car is anything that works. My history of purchasing cars has been very poor!
Simon CrossBSc(Hons) CMIOSH Dip2.OSH
Health and Safety Advisor/TrainerHi, I’m Simon. I joined Cope Safety Management in July 2019 having spent 31 years in the Royal Air Force as an Environmental Health Practitioner and 2.5 years as a Health and Safety Officer with a food manufacturer/supplier. A chartered member of IOSH with a wide range of skills and experience, I like the challenge of problem solving based on various limitations and resources available. I am also interested in human behaviour, particularly in relation to its application within health and safety.
- My favourite hobby is that I am a keen charity supporter and fundraiser. I’ve been a volunteer with the Make-a-Wish Foundation UK charity for 10 years undertaking a variety of roles and also CLIC Sargent charity for about 5 years. Also undertaken many fundraising challenges over the years, usually involving running (although I don’t really consider myself a ‘runner’!!). Biggest challenges so far, completing 1000km on a treadmill, rowing machine and bike over a 4 month period whilst serving in Afghanistan and completing 13 half marathon races in a year.
- My favourite animals are my 2 energetic and friendly cocker spaniels, Belle and Buster and a cat, Willow who is the oldest and therefore the boss!!
- My favourite holiday destination is anywhere in UK or overseas!! Love travelling, especially to somewhere new, taking in all the sights, culture, food and drink. Fortunate enough to have travelled to some amazing places in the world with the RAF (and also some not amazing too!!).
is that I probably couldn’t pick any one particular moment however have been known to be quite ‘accident prone’ which can be embarrassing at times so a career in health and safety is both ironic and ideal!
Health and Safety Advisor/TrainerHi, I’m Steph, I joined the Cope team in September 2018, with a background of health and safety in food manufacturing and production, and in fire safety. Having worked in a variety of fields, including schools and youth services, retail and warehousing, management and manufacturing, I have experienced implementation of health and safety and workplace procedures in a range of settings. I have a passion for knowledge and am always keen to learn or see something new that I can share with others. I am thoroughly enjoying a job that takes me all around (and outside of) Lincolnshire to so many different and varying places and environments.
- For a hobby I enjoy rollerblading around the town with my boys and counting who falls over the most, I’m glad to say that I have yet to top the count on that one!
- My favourite car is our old, banged up 7-seater Ford Galaxy (because 5 seats just aren’t enough with my 3 kids – often due to the fact that Peppa Pig needs her own seat), as when we all pile in there it means we’re off on an adventure, be it just for a day out at Warwick Castle or 2 weeks away on a family holiday.
- My favourite animal is a unicorn, but this may be due to over-exposure as my little girl has decided she wants to be a vet so she can look after them (I don’t have the heart to tell her) and there seems to be a unicorn plush toy, sticker or game character everywhere I look these days.
- My favourite holiday destination has to be the Orkney Islands at Christmas. Even though getting there means 2 days in the car travelling with my husband and kids, keeping our fingers crossed the ferry is running when we get there, there is nothing better than waking up to heavy snowfall across the open fields on Christmas morning and staying up late hoping to see the Northern Lights. It also gives us the opportunity to watch my brother-in-law and nephew compete in the Kirkwall Ba’ (Google it, there’s no sensible way to explain it!) and be treated to a Scottish New Year celebration.
Health and Safety Advisor/TrainerHi I am Martin, I joined Cope Safety Management in October 2019. My background is primarily in the oil and gas industry as a Safety Manager –particularly working in high risk operations overseas. However I have also worked across a broad spectrum of UK industry including manufacturing, aviation, logistics and education. I am a problem solver by nature and an engineer by persuasion and get satisfaction from seeing a task completed.
- My favourite car is as a true petrol head almost impossible to say, but probably ether an E type Jag or a Maserati 250F- but I do like the bosses GT6.
- My favourite animal is the Dolphin. Amazing creatures that I have been lucky enough to swim with on several occasions.
- When I went to school I wanted to be an astronaut of course, sadly I am never going to be able to go to space but I have at least worked with someone who became a cosmonaut !
- My favourite holiday destination I haven’t found it yet but it defiantly involves a beach and a blue sky.
- My favourite hobby is I have many hobbies but in particular I enjoy anything with a wheel at each end, motorcycles and bicycles although there is something fundamentally wrong about a man my age wearing lycra ……
Employment Advisor/TrainerHi I am Natasha, I joined Cope Safety Management in May 2019 as an Employment Advisor. I started my career as a Retail Manager for Woolworth’s and worked for some big names in retail after that. I started my career in HR in 2012 when my son was born and have never looked back. I have worked within the food manufacturing sector within HR up until now and I am really excited that I get to work for Cope and can share my knowledge and expertise with you all. I enjoy training, so hopefully I will see you on a course soon!
- My favourite car is a Bugatti Chiron
- My favourite animal is a Rhinoceros (especially baby ones)
- When I went to school I wanted to be a Lawyer (I watched LA Law a lot as a child)
- My favourite holiday destination anywhere as long I am with my family.
Employment Advisor/TrainerHi I’m Angela. I joined Cope Safety Management in 2020 as an Employment Advisor. My career in HR (or Personnel as it was called then!) started over 40 years ago in food manufacturing for Frank Idiens & Sons Ltd (part of The Distillers Company Limited) who manufactured frozen fruit and vegetables, and ice-cream. After 13 wonderful years – spending as much time as possible in the ice-cream building – I then went to work for Hillsdown Holdings plc (which became Premier Foods plc) as an HR Officer in a generalist role covering management and staff for their Head Office and manufacturing sites for the next 19 years. That Company’s brand portfolio included many household names from tea to pickles and sauces to cakes. My food cupboards were rarely empty!
- My favourite hobby hobby is looking after my horses and my Miniature Schnauzer “Bella” (or “Diva” would be more appropriate). In my spare time I look after my husband who is a retired Engineer and so needs more looking after than most.
- My favourite animal is a horse…I was lucky enough to have my first pony when I was 8 years old.
- When I went to school I wanted to be a groom at Newmarket – you can see where this is going!
- My favourite car is a Range Rover – not just because it can pull a horsebox.
AdministratorHi I’m Becky, I joined Cope Safety Management in 2015 as part of the administration team. Alongside administration, I have many years’ experience in customer service and am happy to help with any queries you may have.
- My favourite car is a beat up Peugeot I had as my first car. I cannot tell one car from the next, but this one holds very fond memories for me! We got into many bumps and scrapes together over the years – the number plate now sits proudly on display at home.
- My most embarrassing moment was when I pulled out of a tight parking space and reversed into my partners car. My partner was sat beside me at the time – oops!
- My favourite animal is a dog, I grew up with Great Danes. My partner does not like dogs so we compromised and got a very curious cat named Lucretia. I plan on wearing him down so we can have a dog, but sshhhh he doesn’t know my master plan.
AdministratorHi I‘m Janet, I have been with Cope Safety Management since 2014 as part of the administration team. I have quite a number of years’ experience in customer service related roles which have provided me with the skills required for this varied and sometimes challenging role (the actual number of years is not for broadcast).
- For a hobby I enjoy When not at work I am an avid reader, three books a week is not unusual. My favourites are detective and psychological thrillers which has caused some consternation amongst my colleagues when I impart my knowledge of ‘ how to get away with murder’.
- My favourite holiday destination is the Far East. I have travelled quite extensively. Goa holds good memories as I lived there for a while. Work was our own bar on the beach, no hardship there! Sri Lanka is also particularly special, as it is where we married and honeymooned.
AdministratorHi, I’m Darren, I joined Cope Safety Management in 2020 as part of the administration team. I have many years of experience working in customer service, administrative and marketing roles. As such, I have a passion for excellent service and ensuring customers receive the best outcomes possible.
- For a hobby I enjoy watching county cricket. A sunny day at Trent Bridge, watching Nottinghamshire pile up the runs and enjoying a nice pint of real ale, is the perfect day for me. At the other end of the spectrum, I really enjoy the rough and tumble of American Football, and I’ve been fortunate enough to attend all the NFL games played in London since 2007.
- My favourite car is a Toyota Hilux or VW Amarok. It’s not about speed but where you can get to!
- When I was at school I wanted to be a train driver. However, as I grew older and discovered trains were no longer steam locomotives, but box-like units running on diesel, the romance wore off.
- My favourite holiday destination isthe Scottish Highlands and Islands – the further North the better! I love walking, the scenery is magnificent and the chance to escape the modern world: calming. I also love overseas travel, especially Italy, but next on my list is a return trip to New England, USA.